Monday, January 16, 2012

Christina & Alan's wedding at Maunsel House

So here it is, my first post of 2012. Took a while I know...

With this in mind I've decided for the new year I am going to do things a little differently with my updates. Previously I would offer up one preview picture and initial write up of my wedding from the weekend and then at a later date do a more detailed review of that wedding. What I'm going to do now is review the wedding straight afterwards with a small selection of some of my initial favourite images from the day - hopefully this will keep the blog up to date and give you some more images to have a look at from each wedding. There are quite a few weddings from last year that I have still not posted reviews on so I will try and slot those in during the course of this year too.

So onto my first wedding of the year which was the beautiful Christina and Alan's celebration held at Maunsel House in Somerset. To say this is a quirky venue is probably an understatement as it is full of so much history and obscure artifacts that you could explore it for days and keep finding new things. It was cold and frosty and everything you would expect of a January wedding with roaring fires warming up the couple and guests after their service in the nearby St Mary's Church in North Petherton. A really gorgeous day filled with much laughter, fun and happiness - a perfect wedding to start the year with!

Maunsel House
Photobucket
Christina getting ready
Photobucket
The rings
Photobucket
If any picture sums up Maunsel, this must be it, removable tommy guns, rocket launchers etc lined the bar, could the boys (or myself) resist the opportunity...clearly not!
Photobucket
The beautiful flower girl
Photobucket
Spotted this great composition during the ceremony
Photobucket
The gorgeous bride
Photobucket
The happy couple inside the house
Photobucket
A lovely Father of the brides speech
Photobucket
Whose going to be next?
Photobucket Visit the Elton Mogg Photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment